Student Scholarship Application
The San Diego Golf Course Superintendents Association Scholarship & Research Program was developed to recognize outstanding students planning careers in golf course management. San Diego Golf Course Superintendents Association, at their discretion, administers the awards and determines the dollar amounts each year.
San Diego GCSA Scholarship Committee will accept applications YEAR ROUND. Candidate interviews will take place in the Fall and awards will be presented at the S&R Tournament. All decisions of the committee will be final. Final scholarship recipients will be receiving a phone call inviting them to the S&R Tournament in December to participate and receive the rewards at dinner that evening. Scholarship money will be paid in two parts. One-half of the payment is made at the S&R Tournament; the remaining half is sent when grades are received by our office for the following semester.
- The student must be studying a field related to golf course management.
- The student must be enrolled at a two or more year accredited institution of higher learning with a major of Turf Science or a related field whose career goal is golf related.
- Past winners are eligible to apply the following year.
- The student must be a Southern California resident
- Children of San Diego GCSA members are eligible to apply and receive this award, but are limited to a total of one association scholarship a year.
- Although any number of students from the same family may apply, only one per family will be eligible to receive an award.
- All applications will be reviewed by SDGCSA Scholarship Committee and evaluated based on the information listed under Criteria for Selection without regard to race, sex, creed, age or national origin. SDGCSA reserves the right to decline any awards at its sole discretion.
Criteria for Selection:
- Applicants will be evaluated based on academic skill, potential to become a leading professional, employment history, extracurricular activities and the recommendation of a previous superintendent and a current academic advisor.
- Financial need is not a factor in this selection.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- In the event that the Scholarship Committee feels there are no qualified applicants during any given year, the award may be withheld during that year.
College transcripts bearing the University or School embossed seal can hand delivered to us or mailed. The person giving the reference must send personal reference letters directly to San Diego GCSA office.
**Applications must be received no later than October 30, 2019.
**SDGCSA Scholarship & Research Tournament is Monday, November 18.
San Diego GCSA Scholarship Application
Applicant’s Statement (Please type the entire form, complete all information and attach additional sheets if necessary).