Shadowridge Golf Club Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Shadowridge Country Club is an 18-hole Private Country Club located in north San Diego County. A David Rainville designed layout that opened in 1981 features Poa/Bent greens, with Santa Ana Bermuda grass on Tees, Fairways and Rough.
- Highly motivated individual to assist in management of the daily responsibilities of an 18-hole facility.
- Previous golf course management/leadership is an advantage.
- 2-4 year degree in Agronomy or related field
- Spanish speaker a plus
- California Pesticide License
- Assist in the management, training and development of employees. Recruit new employees as needed.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate agronomy plans with staff of employees.
- Communicate professionally with members and guest’s maintenance activities performed on the course.
- Execute agronomic maintenance programs including Fertility, Pesticide and Irrigation management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, able to plan proactively and function under pressure while adapting to an ever changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and the desire to excel and advance within the industry.
- 46K TO 52K Annually
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Clothing Allowance
- GCSAA & Chapter dues paid
Send resumes to:
Golf Course Superintendent
Shadowridge Golf Club
Dragonfly Golf Club is immediately seeking a full time Equipment Technician/Shop Manager. The duties of this position are described below.
• Maintain all equipment to manufacturers specifications
• Respond timely and efficiently to emergency repairs
• Log and maintain records for all equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
• Grind reels and bed knives
• Perform hydraulic and electrical system troubleshooting and repairs
• Perform in-field visits to inspect equipment performance
• Train staff on the proper use of equipment
• Assist in maintaining an 82 vehicle electric golf car fleet
• Maintain range picking units and ball washers
• Order all equipment parts and supplies while ensuring effective budget management
• Maintain equipment and supply vendor relationships
• Maintain a clean and safe shop area
• Ensure CAL-OSHA regulations are in complete adherence in the shop
• Order and maintain property fuel levels
• Maintain waste disposal and waste disposal keeping
• Perform some basic handy-man duties facility-wide when requested
Compensation is DOE.
Chuck Rieder at The Emerald Isle Golf Course in Oceanside is looking for a part time/ as needed mechanic.
If you are interested or know of someone that is, call Chuck at 760-419-7002 or e-mail a resume to [email protected]
Menifee Lakes Country Club is seeking A motivated Assistant Superintendent. The Club is home to 36 holes of championship golf designed by Ted Robinson.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Superintendent's supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, cart paths and irrigation system. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
Determines need for irrigation, seeding and fertilization rates, sod cutting, and cutting turf grass on fairways, tees, greens and roughs.
Ensures the proper care and cultivation of shrubs, trees and flowers to include pruning, trimming and spraying. Applies necessary pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides and insecticides to treat the course.
Ensures that broken lines or irrigation system valves are repaired in a timely manner. Assists in the planning and development of new irrigation systems, including redesigns and modifications of existing systems.
Maintains daily detailed records of personnel, equipment, supplies, cutting cups and schedules related to the application of fertilizers, sprays and chemicals. Determines usage of same for season.
Works with Superintendent to plan all maintenance and project work according to best practices as identified by the USGA.
Administers and enforces employee safety programs.
Ability to visually inspect golf course conditions and report findings.
Training of new maintenance personnel.
Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Requirements
Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Turf Grass Management or Two-(2) Year certificate or adequate experience
Possession of a valid driver's license.
Possession of or ability to obtain CA pesticide applicator's license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and frequently required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use their hands to perform a variety of tasks, and will also frequently reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed outside and will include exposure to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not state or imply that the above duties and responsibilities are the only duties associated with this position. An employee holding this position may be required to perform other, on the job related duties as requested.
Please Send Resumes to both
Turf and Landscaping Supervisor
Responsible for operation of the equestrian turf/landscaping operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf/plant material maintenance programs, landscaping property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, staff relations, scheduling/maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance with regulatory issues. The turf/landscaping Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, other staff, guests and the property.
- Responsible for all phases of equestrian turf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Estate manager on any issues related to Turf/landscape maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the maintenance of the grounds.
- Administers and enforces all ground rules, regulations and policies for staff.
- Works closely with the owner, Supervisor of Equestrian operations and the Estates manager to operate the equestrian ground in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Must be able to work safely around animals.
- Must know when to ask for consulting input.
- 5-7 years experience as a turf/landscaping Superintendent or 1st Assistant
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Pesticide Application License
Job site located in Rancho Santa Fe
Please email resume to [email protected]
City of San Diego Golf Division is pleased to announce the following open position: Golf Course Greenskeeper Supervisor
Golf Course Greenskeeper Supervisor positions supervise and participate in the work of crews engaged in the maintenance of the turf, greens, aprons, tees, bunkers and other landscaped areas of City-owned golf courses; inspect course conditions on a daily basis; program schedules for irrigation systems; and perform other duties as assigned.
Please use the link below to find more information and to apply.
Miramar Memorial Golf Course is looking for an Irrigation Technician to join their golf course team. We are preferably looking for an individual with some golf course or landscape irrigation experience but would be willing to train someone who is motivation to work hard and learn. This is the perfect position for and individual who is looking to take the next step towards being an Assistant or Superintendent.
Miramar Memorial Golf Course is located on MCAS Miramar and is a subsidiary of MCCS Miramar. This is a full time federal non-appropriated funds position which includes a full comprehensive federal government benefits package including: health, dental, and vision insurance; employer matched 401k, federal retirement, paid federal holiday, base shopping access as well as many others. For a full benefits list visit the MCCS Miramar Human Resources website.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must fully complete the online application through the MCCS Miramar Webpage. Please see the second attachment for specific instructions on how to apply.
**A comprehensive federal background check is required in order to obtain this position**
If you have questions regarding this position please contact:
Golf Course Superintendent
2 year turf certificate in turf or horticulture related major is preferred
Minimum of 3 years golf course management experience at the level of Asst. Supt or higher.
- Poa/bent greens management experience
- Strong agronomic background
- Good communication skills
- Hands on management style
- Excellent work ethic
- Team building and motivational abilities
This is a great starter course for a first time Superintendent in a great San Diego location!
March 19, 2018
Email resumes to David Buckles
10% bonus, 401k, health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, national and local dues paid, potential for profit sharing
Tecolote Canyon Golf Course
2755 Snead Ave
San Diego, CA, 92111, US
Email: [email protected]
Morgan Run Golf Club & Resort is now hiring for a Golf Course Superintendent.
Morgan Run, is a premier private club, boutique resort and conference center located in San Diego’s most affluent community, Rancho Santa Fe. Set amid majestic hills and perfect weather, this prestigious area, and its surrounding community, is heralded as an exclusive spot for travel and recreation. Located just three miles from Del Mar and the Pacific Ocean, and half an hour from downtown San Diego, Morgan Run is the perfect destination for any traveler. Our boutique resort includes 69 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, many offering spectacular golf course views and intimate fireplaces.
Members and guests are invited to enjoy our 27-hole championship golf course, 320-yard driving range, short-game practice facilities, 11 lighted tennis courts, day spa, heated outdoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness facility. The clubhouse features a variety of food and beverage options including the fine dining experience of 28 West and the Littler Lounge for more casual dining. Both of our restaurants offer exceptional California cuisine in an indoor/outdoor environment. Specializing in corporate meetings, private events and golf retreats, Morgan Run offers more than 17,000 square feet of private event space and a well-trained sales and catering team ready to provide exceptional service for your group. We also offer a variety of corporate packages that include accommodations, meals, audiovisual equipment and room rental. We hope you make Morgan Run your home, whether for business or pleasure.
Please apply via the link:
- Bachelor’s degree in Turfgrass, Horticulture, Soil Science or related field
- Hold a California PCA license or have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Understanding of chemical and fertilizers, and the ability to put together agronomic plans for clients
- Understand basic cultural practices related to golf course turf management
- Become active and involved with local industry associations
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to make cold calls and deepen existing business relationships
- Work with local manager and fellow reps to develop market strategies
- Forecast seasonal product needs by working with purchasing and operations managers
- Conduct occasional product demos/trials
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Apply Here: http://www.cpsagu.com/careers?jobid=2017-6384
Full Benefits, 401K, Paid Vacation
Crop Production Services
1015 Linda Vista Dr.
San Marcos, CA, 92078, US
Email: [email protected]