One of San Diego’s finest private golf clubs, Bernardo Heights Country Club was designed by renowned Architect Ted Robinson, with a challenging par 72 championship golf course. Membership includes full access to our top quality golf course, one of the best practice facilities in the area, a beautiful clubhouse and excellent fine dining venue, plus many enjoyable golf and social activities for individuals, couples and families. We host frequent group play events for all levels of play with tournaments and invitationals for men, women and couples. Families love our junior program for young players from beginner to expert. Best of all, our Members are outgoing and friendly, ready to welcome new Members.
In the past two years major golf course capital projects completed have been:
• Sand channeling of fairways and regrassing of fairway turf to TiffTuff
• Laser Leveling and expansion of Driving Range Tee
• Tree trimming and removal
• Target greens and grassing of Driving Range Floor
• Equipment replacement program established
The Golf Course Superintendent of Bernardo Heights Country Club will work closely with the General Manager and Regional Director of Agronomy. They will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the AG Plan, Budget, Capital Projects, Employee Partner retention, hiring, training, record keeping, cultural practices, communication with leadership team as well as membership, striving each day to make club better than the day before. Have knowledge of Audubon Certification program and needs to keep this moving forward.
• Oversee and directs all operations of the golf course maintenance department for Bernardo Heights Country Club. This includes budgeting and forecasting per company policies and timelines.
• Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved with high efficiency.
• Develops the Annual AG Plan and operating plan with Regional Director of Agronomy and club GM. Implements the plan to ensure cost containment.
• Ensures all standards are being followed, including but not limited to: equipment repairs, equipment storage, chemical and fertilizer storage and records, washing areas, restrooms, etc., to include cleanliness.
• Supervise and lead course construction and renovation projects
• Monitors soil moisture levels and daily irrigation practices and schedules
• Works closely with Head Golf Professional as well as General Manager to provide top notch conditions as possible each and every day for our members.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, all rules and regulations relating to chemical and fertilizer applications, storage, and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
• Management of Employee Partner activities for golf course maintenance team including but not limited to personnel recruitment, training, performance evaluations, discipline, and termination, etc.
• Maintain accurate records pertaining to departmental activities including, but not limited to: labor schedules, course maintenance programs and activities, construction activities, equipment inventory and repairs, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer & chemical applications and pest control practices.
• Maintain necessary inventories, purchase necessary items while keeping mindful of the maintenance budget.
• Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
• Ensure that application equipment is calibrated properly along with overseeing or making fertilizer and pesticide applications as necessary.
• Perform routine inspection and upkeep of irrigation system including changes and repairs necessary.
• Communicate with leadership team as well as members of upcoming maintenance activities and issues that maybe occurring.
• Minimum 3 years as an assistant in charge of a course or superintendent
• 2 or 4 year turfgrass degree required
• Experience with high salts/bicarbonate water a plus but not required
• Experience with heavy soils
• Kikuyugrass experience preferred
• Overseeding experience helpful
• ATTENTION TO DETAIL
• Valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain it within 90 days.
• Valid California Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain it within 120 days.
• Demonstrated experience and capability in development of Employee Partners to reach the next level of conditions and experience, communications with leadership team as well as members, budgets, and reporting, managing member’s expectations, and water
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; effectively handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
• Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners, and guests
• Bilingual (English – Spanish) communication ability preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply online at:
2. Please send Resume and Cover Letter to: Jon D. Maddern, CGCS, Regional Director of Agronomy; Club Corp; email: Jon.Maddern@clubcorp.com
Salary: Will be competitive and based on qualifications and experience of candidate.
Golf Course Superintendent at Mission Hills Dinah Shore Tournament Course
Mission Hills Country Club
Rich in tradition, Mission Hills Country Club epitomizes the true vision of a private club. Unparalleled golf, tennis, croquet, fitness, and spa create first-class facilities for a truly world-class country club experience. The shining jewel and true sense of the Club, however, can be found in the exceptional Members and Member service, our warm staff who welcomes you to your home away from home, and the magic moments you experience when you step into the world of Mission Hills Country Club. As one of the most prestigious clubs in the Coachella Valley and a true year-round club, Mission Hills Country Club continues to enhance the service and amenities we offer our Members and the over 200 new members each year. It is one of Club Corp’s Premier Properties and a great opportunity to lead a progressive club with a capital improvement plan and team.
Some amenities we offer are:
- Three championship golf courses, including the Dinah Shore Tournament Course, home of the ANA Inspiration (formerly known as Kraft Nabisco Championship)
- 17 acre Full golf practice facility including all-grass driving range, short game area and four putting greens
- The Tennis facility is complete with 34 tennis courts on three different playing surfaces (grass, clay and hard) & four pickleball courts
- The Best Grass courts in the Nation as regarded by the touring pros
- National award-winning croquet on our 10 beautifully manicured lawns
- A 17,000-square-foot spa and sports center featuring state-of-the-art equipment, including a Kinesis wall
- Full exercise class schedule including yoga and outstanding personal trainers
- 21 meter lane Pool complex featuring aqua aerobics & arthritic water classes
- Two championship bocce courts
- Full year round social calendar including many clubs within clubs
The Golf Course Superintendent of the Dinah Shore Tournament will work closely with the Director of Golf Course Maintenance. They will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the AG Plan, Budget, Capital Projects, Employee Partner retention, hiring, training, record keeping, cultural practices, communication with leadership team as well as membership, striving each day to make club better than the day before. Have knowledge of Audubon Certification program and needs to keep this moving forward.
- Oversee and directs all operations of the golf course maintenance department for the Dinah Shore Tournament course. This includes budgeting and forecasting per company policies and timelines.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved with high efficiency.
- Develops the Annual AG Plan and operating plan with Director of Golf Course Maintenance, club GM and Regional Director of Agronomy. Implements the plan to ensure cost containment.
- Ensures all standards are being followed, including but not limited to: equipment repairs, equipment storage, chemical and fertilizer storage and records, washing areas, restrooms, etc., to include cleanliness.
- Supervise and lead course construction and renovation projects
- Monitors soil moisture levels and daily irrigation practices and schedules
- Works closely with Directors of Golf Course Maintenance and Golf as well as General Manager to provide top notch conditions as possible each and every day for our members.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, all rules and regulations relating to chemical and fertilizer applications, storage, and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Management of Employee Partner activities for golf course maintenance team including but not limited to personnel recruitment, training, performance evaluations, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to departmental activities including, but not limited to: labor schedules, course maintenance programs and activities, construction activities, equipment inventory and repairs, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer & chemical applications and pest control practices.
- Maintain necessary inventories, purchase necessary items while keeping mindful of the maintenance budget.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Ensure that application equipment is calibrated properly along with overseeing or making fertilizer and pesticide applications as necessary.
- Perform routine inspection and upkeep of irrigation system including changes and repairs necessary.
- Communicate with leadership team as well as members of upcoming maintenance activities and issues that maybe occurring.
- Needs to keep current with other areas of the Mission Hills Golf Course Maintenance Division to help the Director of Golf Course Maintenance at times or during his/her absence.
- Minimum 3 years as an assistant in charge of a course or superintendent
- 2 or 4 year turfgrass degree required
- Experience with hosting Professional level tournament
- Experience with high salts/bicarbonate water a plus but not required
- Experience with heavy soils
- Overseeding experience required
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain it within 90 days.
- Valid California Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain it within 120 days.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in development of Employee Partners to reach the next level of conditions and experience, communications with leadership team as well as members, budgets and reporting, managing member’s expectations, and water
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; effectively handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
- Bilingual (English – Spanish) communication ability preferred.
How to Apply:
Apply online at:
- Please send Resume and Cover Letter to: Jon D. Maddern, CGCS, Regional Director of Agronomy; Club Corp; email: Maddern@clubcorp.com
Salary: Will be competitive and based on qualifications and experience of candidate.
Miramar Memorial Golf Course is looking for a flex golf course employee. The position is entry level and some golf course maintenance experience is preferred but not required. Hours are extremely flexible, and would be a great opportunity for a current golf course employee looking to work a few afternoons or weekends at a second course. If you have a question about the golf course or the position please contact Matt Partridge at 760.468.8116 or MCCS Miramar HR. Please note you must complete an online application prior to the closing date of November 5th 2020. https://careers.usmc-mccs.org/
Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club
Trabuco Canyon, CA
The Equipment Manager at Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club is a critical manager for the Golf Maintenance Department. This positions requires a high level of leadership, organization, attention to detail and a strong passion for professional development while being hands on and teaching other associate mechanics the proper methods and tricks of the trade.
The Equipment Manager helps lead the golf course operations under the Director of Golf Course Operations and with the Golf Course Superintendents, with the goal of leading the team to provide excellent conditions for all club constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and lead a team of Equipment Technician(s) that excels in successfully providing the Golf Maintenance crew with equipment that operates in a safe, efficient, and highly accurate manner.
- Collaborates with the Agronomy team to achieve a common purpose by identifying, troubleshooting, and correcting operational inefficiencies by means of a creative, objective & proactive approach with golf course equipment.
- Obtain, maintain, and train on the expertise of all reel and rotary cutting units to the highest club standards, and continue to gain proficiency through the access of new technology, formal training, and networking opportunities.
- Build and manage an equipment maintenance & repair budget and maintain record of services and repairs done to each piece of equipment. Be involved with review of annual equipment capital expenditures and needs.
- Create, organize, and upkeep shop maintenance spaces and work with Director to layout and improve shop area to maximize efficiencies and productivity.
- Lead team of Equipment Technicians in maintaining and repairing all equipment and vehicles owned by the Company.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop area
- Maintain records on recycled oil, tires, fuel tanks, and other hazardous waste records required by state and local regulators.
- Fabricate parts and equipment for special needs or emergencies
- Help develop maintenance schedules for equipment operators
- Be prepared to work on equipment on the golf course when it cannot be brought to the shop.
- Occasionally observe equipment and mowers working out on the course for proper operations and proper cutting on all the different areas.
- Dress in uniform, wearing safety equipment as required for job
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times
- Report for scheduled shifts on-time and ready to be a part of the team.
- Prior golf course equipment experience as positive
- Fabricating and welding a plus
- Must be able to lift heavy objects on occasion
- Must be able to work in steady & consistent environment
- Must be an effective communicator
- Must be willing to work in all four-season weather environment
- Occasional overtime and schedule flexibility may be required
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License at the time of employment
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Three to five years related experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Coto de Caza will pay based off experience and knowledge
Standard ClubCorp benefit package will be available to successful candidate after 90 days of employment.
About Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club
Nestled away in the heart of Coto de Caza is your perfect home-away-from-home, the private Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club.
Offering golf, tennis, spa and social memberships, the Club is the first private 36-hole country club in Orange County and one of only three in metropolitan Southern California. The Club includes a 44,000-square-foot craftsman-style clubhouse, two 18-hole golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., a racquet club and an aquatics center. The North Course was built in 1987, and is rated one of the nation's top 25 courses. Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club recently opened the doors to a new $7-million, 13,000-square-foot spa and sports club.
In addition to a strong 20-year reputation, Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club has more amenities than any other Orange County country club.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Roger Goettsch, CGCS
Director of Golf Course Operations
Titleist, golf’s symbol of excellence, is the game's leading performance equipment brand, having earned the overwhelming trust of tour professionals, club professionals, competitive amateurs and dedicated golfers worldwide. The Titleist golf ball embodies superior performance, innovative design and technology, precision manufacturing and unmatched quality. Titleist is the unequivocal #1 ball in golf and has been for over 70 years—and still counting. Titleist also has an unwavering commitment to design and develops the best- performing clubs in the game to support a leading club fitting and trial platform to maximize dedicated golfers’ performance experience. Titleist golf gear, comprised of golf bags, headwear, travel gear, accessories, and golf glove, also delivers the performance and quality excellence promised in every product that bears the Titleist script.
Turf Equipment Operator
$15.00 - $18.00 hourly
Assist in maintenance of the Titleist Performance Institute facility, grounds and greens.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of landscape experience (Golf Course / Greens experience preferred as well as proven skills in general landscaping, irrigation, sufficient planting and grounds maintenance. Advanced experience in the use all tools related to landscaping, grounds maintenance, greens maintenance and general maintenance. This includes hand tools, powered hand tools, lawn mowers and moving equipment. Excellent attention to detail and ability to mow in straight lines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly. Ability to work outdoors and stand and walk for long periods of time. Must have the ability to work early hours and potentially on holidays or weekends. Must be eighteen (18) plus years of age, have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and efficient and have the ability to recognize the level of quality acceptable to keep facilities continually looking their best. Must be friendly, confident, exercise good judgment, a team player and have the ability to communicate effectively with clients/ visitor’s management and peers. Must have an excellent work ethic, must be self-motivated with the ability to follow direction and complete tasks on schedule.
- Operates equipment and uses all tools related to landscape grounds, greens and general maintenance to keep facilities continually looking their best. This includes hand tools, powered hand tools and moving equipment
- Maintains facility, grounds, greens and parking lot to Company standards. Maintains hardscape and plant material at front entrance and building and surrounding. Plants and tends flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs; trims, mows lawns; applies fertilizer and may utilize pesticides and pest control equipment
- Assists in operation of the equipment used for golf ball picking, cleaning and sorting. Follows established procedures for the basic maintenance of tools and equipment such as lubricating, sharpening, replacing broken handles, making simple adjustments, and repairs, as necessary.
- Assists in general facility set up for special events. May support the facilities department with special projects.
Test Facility Superintendent
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at:
https://acushnetgolf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.
Shift 1st Shift
Job Summary: Supervises and coordinates the activities of workers engaged in nursery operations, landscape maintenance, landscape installation, vineyard management, orange tree/avocado grove management, plant propagation, clubhouse flower beds and green house management.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Superintendent and/or Assistant Superintendent.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the care, propagation and growing requirements of plant material and annual color.
- Must be willing and able to work with plant protectants and fertilizers.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions as directed, and must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must possess or be willing to secure a California Qualified Applicators License.
- Supervises and coordinates the collection and propagation of plant material, pruning trees and shrubs, planting and transplanting various types of plant material, establishing and maintaining lawns, new landscapes, and landscape renovation, application of chemicals such as fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides according to specifications.
- Schedules work for crews according to weather conditions, availability of equipment and supplies, and other limitations.
- Investigates complaints and spot checks completed work to ascertain quality of staff work and effectiveness of chemicals applied and makes corrections when necessary.
- Answers inquiries of members regarding plant material in person or by telephone. Coordinates the sale of plant material sold in containers or installed on the project according to the directions of the Course Superintendent.
- Coordinates and supervises work orders from other departments for plant material requests and exchanges and maintenance requests.
- Keep daily work records.
- Coordinates maintenance programs for Citrus/avocado groves, vineyards, and organic vegetable garden.
- Maintains annual flower bed programs and seasonal changeouts for Clubhouse, Sportscenter, Performance Center, and Sales Center grounds.
- Trouble shoots and maintains irrigation systems for landscape/flower beds.
Interested candidates should contact Patrick Ferriter for further details.
Golf Course Superintendent
Job Summary: Under direction of the superintendent, performs operation, installation, maintenance and repair of manual, semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems. Does installation, maintenance and repair of drainage systems.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Checks system daily for proper functioning and coverage.
- Installs, maintains and repairs irrigation controllers, valves, QCV’s, sprinkler heads, air relief valves and other system components.
- Performs supplemental irrigation as required.
- Installs and repairs irrigation control wiring and/or hydraulic tubing.
- Operates and maintains pumps and pump controllers.
- May act as lead man on special projects.
- Levels heads, valves boxes, QCV’s, drain boxes, etc.
- Reports all problems to the supervisor.
- Inventories parts and supplies.
- Operates and maintains light utility vehicles and power equipment.
- Assists in reading water meters, documenting water use.
- Records changes in irrigation system components routing or locations on the working copy on the system as-built drawings.
- Controls weeds / insects inside irrigation controller
Salary: Position is full time, $17/hr DOE, medical, dental, 401K, bonus
Willowbrook GC is looking for a experienced Equipment Technician to work part time 24 hrs. a week, if interested or know someone who is please contact Mike Rosales Golf Course Superintendent at (619) 561-1061 Ext. 114
San Diego Country Club is looking for crew members. More details to come.
Send your resume to:
San Diego Country Club
88 L Street
Chula Vista Ca. 91911
Attention Jack Aldrich
Call during work hours at 1.619.962.2117