- Link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/coronado/jobs/2373511/lead-maintenance-worker-parks?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Under direction, to lead, oversee and participate in the more complex, difficult and skilled work of a crew responsible for performing maintenance, construction and repairs on parks, and oversee contract services; to ensure adherence to safe working practices and procedures; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. Position would oversee urban forestry division team and have direct contact with residents and their concerns. Must be able to read and interpret plans, sketches, and blueprints. Install, maintain, and repair irrigation and trouble shoot calsense controllers. Recognize common plants, diseases, and insects. Qualified Applicators Certificate is required but can be obtained within the first six months of hire. Calsense controller and software experience is preferred, but not required. Arborist Certification is preferred, but not required. Looking for a positive team leader that can continue to lead a strong team and maintain a high level of performance
The Bridges Club has full time groundsman positions open.
Entry level wage is $14.00 per hour. Employer participates in E-verify.
This position comes with a full benefits package to include health, dental, life and LTD Insurance, matching 401(K), vacation, sick, golf and more. Please contact Lupe Nunez at 858-759-3600 or email at [email protected]
Shadowridge Golf Club Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Shadowridge Country Club is an 18-hole Private Country Club located in north San Diego County. A David Rainville designed layout that opened in 1981 features Poa/Bent greens, with Santa Ana Bermuda grass on Tees, Fairways and Rough.
- Highly motivated individual to assist in management of the daily responsibilities of an 18-hole facility.
- Previous golf course management/leadership is an advantage.
- 2-4 year degree in Agronomy or related field
- Spanish speaker a plus
- California Pesticide License
- Assist in the management, training and development of employees. Recruit new employees as needed.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate agronomy plans with staff of employees.
- Communicate professionally with members and guest’s maintenance activities performed on the course.
- Execute agronomic maintenance programs including Fertility, Pesticide and Irrigation management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, able to plan proactively and function under pressure while adapting to an ever changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and the desire to excel and advance within the industry.
- 46K TO 52K Annually
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Clothing Allowance
- GCSAA & Chapter dues paid
Send resumes to:
Golf Course Superintendent
Shadowridge Golf Club
Dragonfly Golf Club is immediately seeking a full time Equipment Technician/Shop Manager. The duties of this position are described below.
• Maintain all equipment to manufacturers specifications
• Respond timely and efficiently to emergency repairs
• Log and maintain records for all equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
• Grind reels and bed knives
• Perform hydraulic and electrical system troubleshooting and repairs
• Perform in-field visits to inspect equipment performance
• Train staff on the proper use of equipment
• Assist in maintaining an 82 vehicle electric golf car fleet
• Maintain range picking units and ball washers
• Order all equipment parts and supplies while ensuring effective budget management
• Maintain equipment and supply vendor relationships
• Maintain a clean and safe shop area
• Ensure CAL-OSHA regulations are in complete adherence in the shop
• Order and maintain property fuel levels
• Maintain waste disposal and waste disposal keeping
• Perform some basic handy-man duties facility-wide when requested
Compensation is DOE.
Chuck Rieder at The Emerald Isle Golf Course in Oceanside is looking for a part time/ as needed mechanic.
If you are interested or know of someone that is, call Chuck at 760-419-7002 or e-mail a resume to [email protected]
Menifee Lakes Country Club is seeking A motivated Assistant Superintendent. The Club is home to 36 holes of championship golf designed by Ted Robinson.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent reports directly to the Golf Course Superintendent. Under the Superintendent's supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, cart paths and irrigation system. The Assistant Superintendent may serve in the Superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
Determines need for irrigation, seeding and fertilization rates, sod cutting, and cutting turf grass on fairways, tees, greens and roughs.
Ensures the proper care and cultivation of shrubs, trees and flowers to include pruning, trimming and spraying. Applies necessary pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides and insecticides to treat the course.
Ensures that broken lines or irrigation system valves are repaired in a timely manner. Assists in the planning and development of new irrigation systems, including redesigns and modifications of existing systems.
Maintains daily detailed records of personnel, equipment, supplies, cutting cups and schedules related to the application of fertilizers, sprays and chemicals. Determines usage of same for season.
Works with Superintendent to plan all maintenance and project work according to best practices as identified by the USGA.
Administers and enforces employee safety programs.
Ability to visually inspect golf course conditions and report findings.
Training of new maintenance personnel.
Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and Requirements
Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Turf Grass Management or Two-(2) Year certificate or adequate experience
Possession of a valid driver's license.
Possession of or ability to obtain CA pesticide applicator's license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and frequently required to stand, walk, speak and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use their hands to perform a variety of tasks, and will also frequently reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed outside and will include exposure to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not state or imply that the above duties and responsibilities are the only duties associated with this position. An employee holding this position may be required to perform other, on the job related duties as requested.
Please Send Resumes to both