The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for the supervision as directed of the golf course maintenance operation and staff under the leadership of the Golf Course Superintendent to ensure the healthy growth of the golf course & Clubhouse Grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include assessing and providing guidance and expertise to maintain rigorous industry and environmental standards in turf quality, including use of specialized knowledge in various fields of agronomy and horticulture. Based on such knowledge, responsible for making recommendations and decisions to address or direct others to address any issues with turf quality in conjunction with the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent. The Assistant Superintendent will participate in the hiring, training and developing all staff, including ensuring the staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
• Provides agronomic direction to maintain the golf course at the highest quality possible at all times
• Follows company standards for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, wetlands, and other applicable plant materials
• Participate for hiring, training and developing all staff
• Ensures staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
• 2-3 years experience in Golf Course Maintenance
• Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree required
• Pesticide Applicators License required
• Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
• Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
• Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred
Work Locations: 5690 Cancha de Golf, Rancho Santa Fe, CA, 92091
To Apply go to: www.morganrunclub.com or send resume to: email@example.com
Vacancy Announcement Number: SB-19-05
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade: Maintenance Worker (Irrigation/Spray Tech), NA-4749-08
Location: NWS Seal Beach
Status: Regular Full Time
Pay Range: $16.23 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Opening Date: 26 April 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled – First Cut Off: 03 May 2019
Area of Consideration: All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located in the Golf Division of the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Department, Navy Region Southwest, NWS Seal Beach. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in maintaining the golf course grounds in quality playing condition by performing corrective and preventative maintenance on a computerized and or manual irrigation system and pump station. Primary duties include irrigation and spraying pesticides. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience with computerized irrigation systems.
- One year of experience working with wiring of electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to operate a tractor, 1-year experience is desired.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to use a wide range of tools and ground-keeping machinery.
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a NAF employment application form to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Applications may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at http://navylifesw.com/sealbeach/about/jobs/. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
The Bridges Club has full time groundsman positions open.
Entry level wage is $14.00 per hour. Employer participates in E-verify.
This position comes with a full benefits package to include health, dental, life and LTD Insurance, matching 401(K), vacation, sick, golf and more. Please contact Lupe Nunez at 858-759-3600 or email at email@example.com.
Golf Course Superintendent Opportunity
River Ridge Golf Course is looking to fill the position of Golf Course Superintendent. This beautiful 36-hole coastal facility is located in Oxnard, California. The two courses are bent/poa greens, and Bermuda and Kikuyu fairways and roughs.
The Vineyard Course
The Vineyard course reflects years of remodeling and construction to bring the original Billy Bell Jr. course to its final configuration which include four new holes "on top of the world." The new holes play as numbers three through six and offer magnificent Ventura County and ocean panoramic views as they are at the highest elevation in Oxnard. The course is wide open and the greens are undulating, but there are over eight acres of water. The finishing hole is the signature "Island hole."
The Victoria Lakes Course
The Victoria Lakes 18 opened in 2008 and has become a Ventura County favorite, hosting high level events including a U.S. Senior Open qualifier in 2016. It features bent/poa grass greens and Greg Norman hybrid Bermuda tees and fairways. The course is more strategic in nature and is highlighted by "Amen Corner", which starts on the par-five, 555 yard #12 and ends on #14 another long par-5.
The lake on #12 runs the entire right hand length of the fairway before it curls in front of a narrow green that slopes back to the lake. You may go-for-it or layup, the club (and your score) is in your hands. Number 13 is arguably the most challenging hole in the county. A double dogleg that plays into the wind, it measures 425 yards from the blue tees and is flanked by lakes on both sides.
Responsible for coordinating all golf course maintenance activities, managing and developing the staff, developing and implementing the agronomic plan for both golf courses, driving range, clubhouse area and an adjacent football field. Proactively address and correct any agronomic problems as they arise. Assure staff performs duties in a safe and proper manner. Manage the department financials. Communicate with other department managers and General Manger. Insure compliance with any regulatory agencies including those involved with management of the former landfill.
2-year turfgrass maintenance degree required, 4 year preferred.
Minimum 5 years experience as a Golf Course Superintendent
Current California QAL or QAC, or ability to acquire in short time
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding leadership ability
Great organizational skills and self-motivated
$90,000 to $95,000 Annual salary range
10% bonus potential
Health, vision and dental insurance
Vacation and holidays
National and Local dues paid
Shadowridge Golf Club Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Shadowridge Country Club is an 18-hole Private Country Club located in north San Diego County. A David Rainville designed layout that opened in 1981 features Poa/Bent greens, with Santa Ana Bermuda grass on Tees, Fairways and Rough.
- Highly motivated individual to assist in management of the daily responsibilities of an 18-hole facility.
- Previous golf course management/leadership is an advantage.
- 2-4 year degree in Agronomy or related field
- Spanish speaker a plus
- California Pesticide License
- Assist in the management, training and development of employees. Recruit new employees as needed.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate agronomy plans with staff of employees.
- Communicate professionally with members and guest’s maintenance activities performed on the course.
- Execute agronomic maintenance programs including Fertility, Pesticide and Irrigation management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, able to plan proactively and function under pressure while adapting to an ever changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and the desire to excel and advance within the industry.
- 46K TO 52K Annually
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Clothing Allowance
- GCSAA & Chapter dues paid
Send resumes to:
Golf Course Superintendent
Shadowridge Golf Club
Willowbrook GC is looking for a experienced Equipment Technician to work part time 24 hrs. a week, if interested or know someone who is please contact Mike Rosales Golf Course Superintendent at (619) 561-1061 Ext. 114