Proposal for Rancho Santa Fe Farms:
4Most Sports Group will interview and thoroughly vet potential candidate. Final interview will include owner’s representative from Rancho Santa Fe Farms.
Proposed Salary range of $100-120K
Job Description: Qualified Candidate must possess:
- Knowledge of best practices for managing sodium in rootzones
- Well versed in calibration for granular and liquid product application
- Understanding management of irrigation system
- High level communication skills
- Good team building traits
- Ability to execute testing procedures for moisture, firmness & nutrients daily, if required
- Administers and enforces all Farms rules, regulations and policies
- Works closely with Farm Managers in a fiscally responsible and professional manner
- Must be able to work independently
- Active Pesticide License
- Valid Driver’s License
- Provide three legitimate references
- Five years of management experience
- Minimum of education of a two-year Agronomy / Turfgrass Degree
- Minimum of three years of warm season turfgrass management
- Attractive Benefit Package provided by Owner
- Details provided at time of interview
Send Resumes to: Ross Clites with 4Most Sports Group: ross@4MostSports.com
Miramar Memorial Golf Course is looking to hire an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. This would be a great opportunity for an individual looking to move into their first Assistant Superintendent role or an established Assistant looking to make a move. Please see the attached official job posting and make sure to apply online if interested. Please note, all applications must be submitted via the MCCS Miramar Website. If you have specific questions regarding the position please contact Matt Partridge, Golf Course Superintendent: 760-468-8116. The job ID for the position is 41593. Link to job posting (Click here). The posting closes February 24th.
Omni La Costa Carlsbad, California, United States
SUMMARY: Under the Superintendent's supervision, the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance, operation and management of the tract of land defined as a golf course(s); supervises minor construction projects and course additions; supervises the maintenance and repair of construction and maintenance equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Golf Course Superintendent in managing and maintaining properties which include:
a. The golf course(s) and practice areas
b. Maintenance equipment and maintenance facility
c. Restrooms and potable water on course
d. Open spaces, wooded areas, unused acreage and areas outside the perimeter fence
e. Sod farm and/or nursery
f. Irrigation systems, pump stations, wells and other appurtenances
g. Other properties as specified in writing by the Director of Agronomy
- Assists in preparation of the annual budgets for the maintenance and capital improvement of the above properties.
- Trains, directs and supervises staff for the purpose of maintaining club properties. Interview and hire all staff. Discipline and terminate when appropriate
- Plans maintenance and project work applying his or her agronomic and administrative expertise.
- Oversees the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the work. Frequently inspects the golf course(s) and related areas to evaluate how well management standards are being achieved and to advise on changes in management programs.
- Assists Superintendent in inventory control and oversees the equipment maintenance programs.
- Monitors nightly irrigation applications, insect and weed populations, disease models etc. to maintain the course(s) in an efficient manner. Must be technically competent in agronomic field to diagnose problems commonly occurring in golf course maintenance of turfgrasses.
- Will keep accurate and complete records, including but not limited to, payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance procedures, fertilizer and pesticide applications, any and all local, state or federal employee training documentation, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations.
- Can communicate, coordinate and meet with all relevant membership groups and committees. Coordinates operations with the Golf Professional.
- Maintains a safe and accident free workplace through training, education and monitoring of all employees.
Assists in supervision of staff and equipment for the maintenance and upkeep of golf course(s) for the game of golf. In Superintendent's absence, is in charge of all golf course maintenance operations.
Requires knowledge of agronomy and turfgrass management practices; a working knowledge of facility construction principles, practices and methods; and an understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have minimum two year certificate or A.S. from a recognized turfgrass program. Must have or be able to obtain within 6 months of starting position a California State Qualifying Applicator's Certificate (QAC). Must have valid State Operator's License. Requires administrative and executive ability, especially in terms of problem solving and decision making. Requires knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations - including but not limited to, employment, safety and environmental standards and laws and regulations. Requires participation in continuing education opportunities such as seminars, workshops, correspondence courses, field days and trade shows.
Requires oral and written English communications skills; fluency in Spanish helpful but not required.
Ability to apply agronomic understanding to carry out and administer turfgrass programs and procedures. Ability to deal with ever changing challenges on a minute by minute basis and instigate necessary corrections. Ability to associate cause and effect agronomic relationships in daily golf course maintenance operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Resumes sent to:
Hunter is a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries, and offers comprehensive golf irrigation solutions designed to simply watering while ensuring healthy, playable courses.
We create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work!
READY TO JOIN HUNTER?
Hunter Industries is seeking a golf Sales Manager I to develop business relationships within an assigned territory and communicate information pertinent to the sales progress within the Golf team. S/he will focus on maximizing sales through contractors, specification or distribution by calling on key clients, monitoring major projects, and taking action to maximize exposure. The ideal candidate will create a demand for products at a variety of levels to assist in achieving distributor sales goals and must have strong knowledge in irrigation technical support and troubleshooting. Must be willing to travel locally and have a good driving record.
The territory will include Los Angeles to San Diego to Arizona (Tucson / Phoenix area), and s/he may reside in San Marcos, San Diego, Los Angeles or Palm Springs.
If interested, or for more information, please go directly to Hunter’s career page at https://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT PROFILE:
To apply for this position click the link below.
Mission Trails Golf Course currently looking for a full time Irrigation Technician
Monitors and waters golf course on daily basis. Individual will repair and maintain any and all pipes, valves and sprinklers on the golf course. Will work on a diverse range of activities involving irrigation, construction and maintenance.
Individual must be hard working and reliable.
1 year experience in irrigation or landscape maintenance.
Hourly DOE, Medical and Dental provided 401K
Please send resumes to Mission Trails Golf Course 7380 Golfcrest Place San Diego, CA 92119
Attn: Geff Ward
Mission Trails Golf Course currently looking for a qualified mechanic for golf course maintenance.
Full time or part time. Knowledge of golf course equipment a big plus. John Deere tractors and mowers. Toro mowers, gas and diesel engines. Small engine and equipment repairs and knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
Hourly DOE, Medical and Dental provided 401k (Full Time Only)
Please send resumes to Mission Trails Golf Course 7380 Golfcrest Place San Diego, CA 92119
Attn: Geff Ward
(Retirees encouraged to apply) (619) 460-2582
3742 Flowerwood Lane Fallbrook CA 92028
The Golf Club of California is a semi-private 18 hole facility in Fallbrook that is currently seeking a golf course superintendent.
The greens are a mixture of bent and poa greens. The fairways are a hybrid Bermuda that are not overseeded in the winter. The tees are a hybrid Bermuda that are overseeded in the winter.
The irrigation system has toro heads along with a site pro central computer system. The field controllers are the LTC plus model with handheld radios as well.
There is an 8 person crew that includes and assistant, irrigator, and a mechanic.
Candidates should have experience working with bent poa grrens in hot summertime conditions. Along with being able to identify summertime diseases and plan and execute a fungicide and fertilizer program for the entire course.
Candidates will be required to promote fairway Bermuda growth in the summer months. Along with weed and poa control in the fairways year round.
Salary is dependent on experience and medical, dental, 401 k, and vacation time is available.
Candidates can email a resume to Stan Gonzales at email@example.com, or call his office at (951)277-8787.
San Diego Country Club is currently looking for an assistant mechanic to add to the team. This position reports directly to the head and first assistant mechanic.
Good working knowledge of Toro, John Deere and Baroness turf equipment.
The candidate should be able to grind, back lap and adjust reels to provide a premium cut.
The ability to trouble shoot and fix small and large engine problems as well as electrical and hydraulic issues a big plus.
On occasion a weekend shift will be required.
Send youR resume to:
San Diego Country Club
88 L Street
Chula Vista Ca. 91911
Attention Jack Aldrich
Call during work hours at 1.619.962.2117
About the Employer
Welcome to San Marcos Unified School District! The San Marcos Unified School District is an innovative and collaborative community providing an unparalleled educational experience. Through an engaging and supportive environment, all our students are challenged, inspired, and poised to excel.
CLICK HERE for information and to apply.
Job Summary: Under direction of the superintendent, performs operation, installation, maintenance and repair of manual, semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems. Does installation, maintenance and repair of drainage systems.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Checks system daily for proper functioning and coverage.
- Installs, maintains and repairs irrigation controllers, valves, QCV’s, sprinkler heads, air relief valves and other system components.
- Performs supplemental irrigation as required.
- Installs and repairs irrigation control wiring and/or hydraulic tubing.
- Operates and maintains pumps and pump controllers.
- May act as lead man on special projects.
- Levels heads, valves boxes, QCV’s, drain boxes, etc.
- Reports all problems to the supervisor.
- Inventories parts and supplies.
- Operates and maintains light utility vehicles and power equipment.
- Assists in reading water meters, documenting water use.
- Records changes in irrigation system components routing or locations on the working copy on the system as-built drawings.
- Controls weeds / insects inside irrigation controller
Salary: Position is full time, $17/hr DOE, medical, dental, 401K, bonus
Territory Manager - Horticulture
Are you ready to start a rewarding relationship?
Let Harrell’s be your partner for success!
We are looking for a Territory Manager for the Central California Territory who will be developing existing accounts as well as identifying and analyzing new customers within an assigned sales territory. The right candidate will be
responsible for bringing a consistent flow of profitable new business to the division in accordance with the company sales plan.
Harrell’s is the leading producer of customized agronomic solutions, but our success is completely dependent on the success of our customers. We want to contribute to their success any way we can, helping them succeed regardless of a
The Territory Manager (Hort) is responsible for the following:
- Develop trust as well as a solid working relationship with potential customers.
- Represent Harrell’s LLC in a professional manner by selling designated product line within a predetermined territory by offering solutions and providing growers with technical support.
- Prepare and present proposals, quotes and recommend products based on customer needs.
- Attend sales meetings, represent Harrell’s at trade shows, events and educational activities to stay up to date on the latest developments, trends and regulations in the market.
- Stay current on product labels, research and performance of Harrell’s products.
- Manage controllable expenses in the territory.
- Maintain contact with key university faculty and independent researchers in the territory
- Maintain expert knowledge of agronomics in order to give educated recommendations to customers regarding products.
- Suggest marketing programs and pricing in territory.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local ordinances affecting this position.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and programs.
- Accurately complete and maintain proper sales reports.
A Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture (or related field) or equivalent sales experience is required and at least three – five years of sales experience required. Applicable state specific dealers license is required.
If you are interested a great career with a reputable and growing company, please visit our
website and apply at www.harrells.com/careers.
Vacancy Announcement Number: SB-19-05
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade: Maintenance Worker (Irrigation/Spray Tech), NA-4749-08
Location: NWS Seal Beach
Status: Regular Full Time
Pay Range: $16.23 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Opening Date: 26 April 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled – First Cut Off: 03 May 2019
Area of Consideration: All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
Benefits Include: 3% match to 401K, full medical benefits and 4 hours of vacation and 4 hours of sick leave every two weeks to start. Equals to 2.5 weeks of leave each to start.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position is located in the Golf Division of the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Department, Navy Region Southwest, NWS Seal Beach. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in maintaining the golf course grounds in quality playing condition by performing corrective and preventative maintenance on a computerized and or manual irrigation system and pump station. Primary duties include irrigation and spraying pesticides. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience with computerized irrigation systems.
- One year of experience working with wiring of electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to operate a tractor, 1-year experience is desired.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to use a wide range of tools and ground-keeping machinery.
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a NAF employment application form to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Applications may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at http://navylifesw.com/sealbeach/about/jobs/. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
The Bridges Club has full time groundsman positions open.
Entry level wage is $14.00 per hour. Employer participates in E-verify.
This position comes with a full benefits package to include health, dental, life and LTD Insurance, matching 401(K), vacation, sick, golf and more. Please contact Lupe Nunez at 858-759-3600 or email at email@example.com.
Willowbrook GC is looking for a experienced Equipment Technician to work part time 24 hrs. a week, if interested or know someone who is please contact Mike Rosales Golf Course Superintendent at (619) 561-1061 Ext. 114