Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club
Trabuco Canyon, CA
The Equipment Manager at Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club is a critical manager for the Golf Maintenance Department. This positions requires a high level of leadership, organization, attention to detail and a strong passion for professional development while being hands on and teaching other associate mechanics the proper methods and tricks of the trade.
The Equipment Manager helps lead the golf course operations under the Director of Golf Course Operations and with the Golf Course Superintendents, with the goal of leading the team to provide excellent conditions for all club constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and lead a team of Equipment Technician(s) that excels in successfully providing the Golf Maintenance crew with equipment that operates in a safe, efficient, and highly accurate manner.
- Collaborates with the Agronomy team to achieve a common purpose by identifying, troubleshooting, and correcting operational inefficiencies by means of a creative, objective & proactive approach with golf course equipment.
- Obtain, maintain, and train on the expertise of all reel and rotary cutting units to the highest club standards, and continue to gain proficiency through the access of new technology, formal training, and networking opportunities.
- Build and manage an equipment maintenance & repair budget and maintain record of services and repairs done to each piece of equipment. Be involved with review of annual equipment capital expenditures and needs.
- Create, organize, and upkeep shop maintenance spaces and work with Director to layout and improve shop area to maximize efficiencies and productivity.
- Lead team of Equipment Technicians in maintaining and repairing all equipment and vehicles owned by the Company.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop area
- Maintain records on recycled oil, tires, fuel tanks, and other hazardous waste records required by state and local regulators.
- Fabricate parts and equipment for special needs or emergencies
- Help develop maintenance schedules for equipment operators
- Be prepared to work on equipment on the golf course when it cannot be brought to the shop.
- Occasionally observe equipment and mowers working out on the course for proper operations and proper cutting on all the different areas.
- Dress in uniform, wearing safety equipment as required for job
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times
- Report for scheduled shifts on-time and ready to be a part of the team.
- Prior golf course equipment experience as positive
- Fabricating and welding a plus
- Must be able to lift heavy objects on occasion
- Must be able to work in steady & consistent environment
- Must be an effective communicator
- Must be willing to work in all four-season weather environment
- Occasional overtime and schedule flexibility may be required
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License at the time of employment
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Three to five years related experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Coto de Caza will pay based off experience and knowledge
Standard ClubCorp benefit package will be available to successful candidate after 90 days of employment.
About Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club
Nestled away in the heart of Coto de Caza is your perfect home-away-from-home, the private Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club.
Offering golf, tennis, spa and social memberships, the Club is the first private 36-hole country club in Orange County and one of only three in metropolitan Southern California. The Club includes a 44,000-square-foot craftsman-style clubhouse, two 18-hole golf courses designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., a racquet club and an aquatics center. The North Course was built in 1987, and is rated one of the nation's top 25 courses. Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club recently opened the doors to a new $7-million, 13,000-square-foot spa and sports club.
In addition to a strong 20-year reputation, Coto de Caza Golf & Racquet Club has more amenities than any other Orange County country club.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Roger Goettsch, CGCS
Director of Golf Course Operations
Titleist, golf’s symbol of excellence, is the game's leading performance equipment brand, having earned the overwhelming trust of tour professionals, club professionals, competitive amateurs and dedicated golfers worldwide. The Titleist golf ball embodies superior performance, innovative design and technology, precision manufacturing and unmatched quality. Titleist is the unequivocal #1 ball in golf and has been for over 70 years—and still counting. Titleist also has an unwavering commitment to design and develops the best- performing clubs in the game to support a leading club fitting and trial platform to maximize dedicated golfers’ performance experience. Titleist golf gear, comprised of golf bags, headwear, travel gear, accessories, and golf glove, also delivers the performance and quality excellence promised in every product that bears the Titleist script.
Turf Equipment Operator
$15.00 - $18.00 hourly
Assist in maintenance of the Titleist Performance Institute facility, grounds and greens.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of landscape experience (Golf Course / Greens experience preferred as well as proven skills in general landscaping, irrigation, sufficient planting and grounds maintenance. Advanced experience in the use all tools related to landscaping, grounds maintenance, greens maintenance and general maintenance. This includes hand tools, powered hand tools, lawn mowers and moving equipment. Excellent attention to detail and ability to mow in straight lines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly. Ability to work outdoors and stand and walk for long periods of time. Must have the ability to work early hours and potentially on holidays or weekends. Must be eighteen (18) plus years of age, have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and efficient and have the ability to recognize the level of quality acceptable to keep facilities continually looking their best. Must be friendly, confident, exercise good judgment, a team player and have the ability to communicate effectively with clients/ visitor’s management and peers. Must have an excellent work ethic, must be self-motivated with the ability to follow direction and complete tasks on schedule.
- Operates equipment and uses all tools related to landscape grounds, greens and general maintenance to keep facilities continually looking their best. This includes hand tools, powered hand tools and moving equipment
- Maintains facility, grounds, greens and parking lot to Company standards. Maintains hardscape and plant material at front entrance and building and surrounding. Plants and tends flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs; trims, mows lawns; applies fertilizer and may utilize pesticides and pest control equipment
- Assists in operation of the equipment used for golf ball picking, cleaning and sorting. Follows established procedures for the basic maintenance of tools and equipment such as lubricating, sharpening, replacing broken handles, making simple adjustments, and repairs, as necessary.
- Assists in general facility set up for special events. May support the facilities department with special projects.
Test Facility Superintendent
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at:
https://acushnetgolf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.
Shift 1st Shift
SAN VICENTE GOLF RESORT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
San Vicente Golf Resort is an 18-hole course located in northeast San Diego County in the town of Ramona and within the San Diego Country Estates. A Ted Robinson designed layout that opened in 1972 features Poa/Bent greens, with Bermuda grass Tees, Fairways and Rough. The course is currently closed due to a complete renovation of greens, bunkers and selected tee complexes. Tentative re- opening date is November 1, 2020.
- Highly motivated individual to assist in management of the daily responsibilities of an 18-hole facility
- Previous golf course superintendent experience in management/leadership required
- 2-4 year degree in Agronomy or related field
- Spanish speaker a plus
- California Pesticide License
- Previous golf construction experience a big plus
- Assist in the management, training and development of employees. Recruit new employees as needed.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate agronomy plans with staff of employees.
- Communicate professionally with members and guest’s regarding maintenance activities performed on the course
- Execute agronomic maintenance programs including Fertility, Pesticide and Irrigation management.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, able to plan proactively and function under pressure while adapting to an ever changing environment, Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, with a positive attitude and the desire to excel and advance within the industry.
- 85K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- Clothing allowance
- 401K offered
- GCSAA and chapter dues paid
SEND RESUMES TO:
Pat Shannon/ Golf Course Superintendent Class A/GCSAA
San Vicente Golf Resort
Job Summary: Supervises and coordinates the activities of workers engaged in nursery operations, landscape maintenance, landscape installation, vineyard management, orange tree/avocado grove management, plant propagation, clubhouse flower beds and green house management.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Superintendent and/or Assistant Superintendent.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the care, propagation and growing requirements of plant material and annual color.
- Must be willing and able to work with plant protectants and fertilizers.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions as directed, and must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must possess or be willing to secure a California Qualified Applicators License.
- Supervises and coordinates the collection and propagation of plant material, pruning trees and shrubs, planting and transplanting various types of plant material, establishing and maintaining lawns, new landscapes, and landscape renovation, application of chemicals such as fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides according to specifications.
- Schedules work for crews according to weather conditions, availability of equipment and supplies, and other limitations.
- Investigates complaints and spot checks completed work to ascertain quality of staff work and effectiveness of chemicals applied and makes corrections when necessary.
- Answers inquiries of members regarding plant material in person or by telephone. Coordinates the sale of plant material sold in containers or installed on the project according to the directions of the Course Superintendent.
- Coordinates and supervises work orders from other departments for plant material requests and exchanges and maintenance requests.
- Keep daily work records.
- Coordinates maintenance programs for Citrus/avocado groves, vineyards, and organic vegetable garden.
- Maintains annual flower bed programs and seasonal changeouts for Clubhouse, Sportscenter, Performance Center, and Sales Center grounds.
- Trouble shoots and maintains irrigation systems for landscape/flower beds.
Interested candidates should contact Patrick Ferriter for further details.
Golf Course Superintendent
Job Summary: Under direction of the superintendent, performs operation, installation, maintenance and repair of manual, semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems. Does installation, maintenance and repair of drainage systems.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Checks system daily for proper functioning and coverage.
- Installs, maintains and repairs irrigation controllers, valves, QCV’s, sprinkler heads, air relief valves and other system components.
- Performs supplemental irrigation as required.
- Installs and repairs irrigation control wiring and/or hydraulic tubing.
- Operates and maintains pumps and pump controllers.
- May act as lead man on special projects.
- Levels heads, valves boxes, QCV’s, drain boxes, etc.
- Reports all problems to the supervisor.
- Inventories parts and supplies.
- Operates and maintains light utility vehicles and power equipment.
- Assists in reading water meters, documenting water use.
- Records changes in irrigation system components routing or locations on the working copy on the system as-built drawings.
- Controls weeds / insects inside irrigation controller
Salary: Position is full time, $17/hr DOE, medical, dental, 401K, bonus
Willowbrook GC is looking for a experienced Equipment Technician to work part time 24 hrs. a week, if interested or know someone who is please contact Mike Rosales Golf Course Superintendent at (619) 561-1061 Ext. 114
San Diego Country Club is looking for crew members. More details to come.
Send your resume to:
San Diego Country Club
88 L Street
Chula Vista Ca. 91911
Attention Jack Aldrich
Call during work hours at 1.619.962.2117