2 year turf certificate in turf or horticulture related major is preferred
Minimum of 3 years golf course management experience at the level of Asst. Supt or higher.
- Poa/bent greens management experience
- Strong agronomic background
- Good communication skills
- Hands on management style
- Excellent work ethic
- Team building and motivational abilities
This is a great starter course for a first time Superintendent in a great San Diego location!
March 19, 2018
Email resumes to David Buckles
10% bonus, 401k, health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, national and local dues paid, potential for profit sharing
Tecolote Canyon Golf Course
2755 Snead Ave
San Diego, CA, 92111, US
Email: [email protected]
Morgan Run Golf Club & Resort is now hiring for a Golf Course Superintendent.
Morgan Run, is a premier private club, boutique resort and conference center located in San Diego’s most affluent community, Rancho Santa Fe. Set amid majestic hills and perfect weather, this prestigious area, and its surrounding community, is heralded as an exclusive spot for travel and recreation. Located just three miles from Del Mar and the Pacific Ocean, and half an hour from downtown San Diego, Morgan Run is the perfect destination for any traveler. Our boutique resort includes 69 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, many offering spectacular golf course views and intimate fireplaces.
Members and guests are invited to enjoy our 27-hole championship golf course, 320-yard driving range, short-game practice facilities, 11 lighted tennis courts, day spa, heated outdoor swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness facility. The clubhouse features a variety of food and beverage options including the fine dining experience of 28 West and the Littler Lounge for more casual dining. Both of our restaurants offer exceptional California cuisine in an indoor/outdoor environment. Specializing in corporate meetings, private events and golf retreats, Morgan Run offers more than 17,000 square feet of private event space and a well-trained sales and catering team ready to provide exceptional service for your group. We also offer a variety of corporate packages that include accommodations, meals, audiovisual equipment and room rental. We hope you make Morgan Run your home, whether for business or pleasure.
Please apply via the link:
- Bachelor’s degree in Turfgrass, Horticulture, Soil Science or related field
- Hold a California PCA license or have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire
- Understanding of chemical and fertilizers, and the ability to put together agronomic plans for clients
- Understand basic cultural practices related to golf course turf management
- Become active and involved with local industry associations
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to make cold calls and deepen existing business relationships
- Work with local manager and fellow reps to develop market strategies
- Forecast seasonal product needs by working with purchasing and operations managers
- Conduct occasional product demos/trials
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Apply Here: http://www.cpsagu.com/careers?jobid=2017-6384
Full Benefits, 401K, Paid Vacation
Crop Production Services
1015 Linda Vista Dr.
San Marcos, CA, 92078, US
Email: [email protected]
Rancho Bernardo Inn is an 18-hole, William Bell designed championship golf course. It was first opened in 1962 and recent renovations have included new greens construction and state of the art Rain Bird Integrated Control (IC) irrigation system. Rancho Bernardo Inn represents the flagship golf course in the JC Golf portfolio and is located in a master plan community in Rancho Bernardo.
2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or a related field required.
Minimum experience required: A minimum of three years of experience in golf course operations with increasing responsibility. Experience in Irrigation troubleshooting and calibration of sprayers used for fertilizers and chemicals is required.
Position requires applicant have a Qualified Applicators Certificate or License (or the ability to obtain one within 150 days of hire).
Good leadership, communication and organizational skills.
Spanish speaking a plus.
Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, assist in planning and supervising the golf course maintenance operation.
Monitoring and scheduling of irrigation practices and maintenance.
Assist in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and accountability.
Assist in planning, supervising and follow-up of all maintenance programs.
Professional interaction and coordination with other departments within the resort.
Commensurate with experience.
Health and dental insurance, 401K plan, paid vacations and holidays, meals, uniforms, golfing privileges.
Currently accepting applications.
Send resume to:
Chris Hayman, Golf Course Superintendent
Rancho Bernardo Inn
17550 Bernardo Oaks Dr.
San Diego, CA 92128
Email: [email protected]
*Applicants must also fill out employment application, which can be found online at jcresorts.com
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Superintendent in the operating functions of the Golf Course Maintenance Department to ensure the healthy growth of the golf course & Clubhouse Grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include turfgrass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, assisting with forecasting/expense management, scheduling and maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, and related recordings.
- Participate in the hiring, training and developing all staff
- Ensure the staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions
- Compliance of regulatory issues as directed by the Superintendent.
- 1-2 years experience in Golf Course Maintenance
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree preferred
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Accepting applications at